Thursday, January 17, 2013

My training bike



It stinks. I got it on a new years day "get fit" sale from WalMart (ugh). If you use it more than an hour, the plastic starts to melt and smell. The heart rate and calorie counters are off. The seat is built for someone 300 pounds. And within the first 100 miles I ripped the left foot pedal off. But it folds up very flat. I can wheel it around anywhere with ease. And it's quiet enough that my wife can sit and watch TV while I use it in the same room!  So I think I'm going to stick with it. Maybe my hatred comes from having to use it–instead of biking outside in the mountains. I can't wait for it to warm up!



I also invested in a green foam roller from target; I'm hoping to use it to roll out my sore back mussels after a tough workout (or a hard day finishing up my doctorate at CU-Boulder). So far, it is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment