Thursday, January 17, 2013

My bike

So this is my bike. A hybrid 2011 Novara Forza from REI (on super clearance). I installed a mirror on the side, some lights, and a pannier on the back. It has some wide tires, but they're fairly flat.  It doesn't seem to work on snow (nor should it), but it works very well on the road and well when biking off road (it has a switch in the front to turn on and off front wheel shock absorbers). It's served me well biking from Longmont to Boulder the last year, and I think it's going to perform nicely on my trip!

I also decided to install some plastic/rubber pieces between the tube and the outside of the tire. The theory is that it will help reduce flats (it says STOPS FLATS right on the box), and since I've installed them, I haven't had a single flat!  Looking at some other bike across America blogs, it seems like people are changing between 5 and 15 tires on their trip, so yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment